Logging in on different devices - problem

I had the smart idea whilst on the mainland to reset Safari on my Apple iPhone. That resulted in being unable to log on to the website for the last five days.

I have two different user names for the areas of the site: one for shop and main site, and one for forum. Each has a different password.

On the mobile, no matter how I try, it won't let me log in to either area. Now that I'm home I'm using the main Apple computer to sign in here, but even using the same user name, and the same password, on the mobile has now resulted in me being locked out for security reasons - but only on the mobile; as you can see I'm still here on this device. It's not telling me that I'm already signed in, but that I'm using an incorrect password. Surely I should be able to surf multiple devices, as I've done in the past, without having to log off the others, or has something changed with the website security? 

Is Safari the only browser available on iphone? If possible, I would try using a different browser to see if it is a Safari problem rather than a forum based one. Apple are quite notorious for monopolising their customer's internet server accounts and this may be a problem caused by the interaction of your new version of Safari versus their Domain Name Servers.

Managed to access the forum but not the main site. No worries as I don't use the main site features on the mobile, anyway. 

Confusion abounds when I find out that the main Apple has replaced my password with a computer-generated string of rubbish, so it's not any of my usual passwords, and trying to copy that onto another device wasn't easy. Having two different sign-ins, main site and forum, also added to the problem. 
Still, got there in the end.

One of the problems is that the computer does everything for you, including sometimes generating a password. This means that you don't have to enter it manually every time, therefore you never remember it, and if it's computer-generated, you never knew it in the first place. Every time I come up with a really good password, I end up having to reset it. :)

• 1 month later...

I have Norton Vault, you don't need to remember nufink! I try to log on, computer says "open the vault!" to my mobile, I press my fingerprint, mobile opens vault, password appears in computer password box.  The vault is actually on the computer, but the mobile controls it. All passwords in the vault are randomly generated and you never need to know them.

Doug