Rouen ZFE Environmental Zone

Mr911er

Just come across an article regarding French environmental zones...one of these is at Rouen..apparently been in place since Oct 2018. Cant find any definitive rules regarding classics and these zones, apparently there is no system for designation of Crit'Air stickers etc..

As I always get lost in Rouen when I drive through it down to Le Mans and and up driving around it for an hour...just wondered if anyone had any knowledge about classics and environmental zones in France.

Actually, I did spend a night in a hotel on the way down last year without any problems...

As Rouen is one of the two administrative capitals of Normandy and i live in Normandy I suppose I ought to answer this 🤔

The part that will be of interest to anyone driving through the zone in their Triumph, just do it. Any car registered here with the mention' collection' on the document is exempt indefinitely. 'Collection' can apply, should the owner wish, to cars 30+ years old and more or less original (don't worry about it in your cases).

Should you be driving through in a 'modern' car. Again to be simple any diesel  classed as Euro 3 or lower, any petrol less than Euro 2 are banned.

You can apply for the Crit'Air sticker for a vehicle registered abroad via this link

https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/certificat/demande/ext/vehicules

But I wouldn't bother - I didn't say that did I?

This is the map of the zone (red areas) roads in green are exempt ( don't ask me why they don't make it possible to go all the way through. French 'functionnaire' logic)

cartographie.thumb.jpg.2082e0463a32766dfadc05a0a7e422fe.jpg

If you really are suffering from insomnia :

ZFE_FALC_A5_web.pdf

The FALC stands for Facile à Lice et à Comprendre, I'll let you decide. I could have posted the full version 'en Détail' of 32 pages . . .

Bonne lecture et bonne route

• Like 1

Good old crit'air rearing its head. I imagine this will be of interest to quite a few members heading to Le Mans this year. 

It's across lots of France - this explains the Rouen bit fairly well 

https://urbanaccessregulations.eu/countries-mainmenu-147/france/rouen

Love Rouen - great city - and had a great weekend of Continental Cup ice hockey there a few years ago 

59 minutes ago, John Lay said:

Good old crit'air rearing its head. I imagine this will be of interest to quite a few members heading to Le Mans this year. 

It's across lots of France - this explains the Rouen bit fairly well 

https://urbanaccessregulations.eu/countries-mainmenu-147/france/rouen

Love Rouen - great city - and had a great weekend of Continental Cup ice hockey there a few years ago 

Yes the Brits have liked it for many years, even had a big bonfire there on the 30th May 1431 . . .

1 hour ago, John Lay said:

It's across lots of France

Yes there quite a few now and the numbers are set to increase. For all the zones created so far the FFVE (Fédération Française des véhicules d'Epoque) have managed to have 'véhicules de collection' exempt. There are discussions on having a sticker along the lines of Crit'Air to exempt them from all zones and new ones that come into being.

This is the current list of areas covered

Actuellement, 11 métropoles ont mis en place une zone à faibles émissions mobilité (ZFE-m) : Grand Paris, Lyon, Aix-Marseille, Toulouse, Nice, Montpellier, Strasbourg, Grenoble, Rouen, Reims et Saint-Étienne

29 minutes ago, Mr911er said:

Just come across an article regarding French environmental zones...one of these is at Rouen..apparently been in place since Oct 2018. Cant find any definitive rules regarding classics and these zones, apparently there is no system for designation of Crit'Air stickers etc..

As I always get lost in Rouen when I drive through it down to Le Mans and and up driving around it for an hour...just wondered if anyone had any knowledge about classics and environmental zones in France.

Actually, I did spend a night in a hotel on the way down last year without any problems...

I too know Rouen "intimately", having driven through the centre inadvertantly in 2003. At the time I was Driving a 32ft American R-V towing a twinaxle trailer with a car on. Not for the feint hearted!. Critair requirements are to be found on several French websites, some even in English!. As of now "officially" there is no allowance for any UK based Historic vehicles. Although this iS expected to change. Sadly, my "route of choice" N28. D13E. A13 N154. Is in part a Crit air zone. Which My Vehicle`s will not comply anyway. So my "winter" Route to Spain would have to be altered. Portsmouth to Santander, is the best option I suppose?. Not that I am likely to go anytime soon.😭

Pete

I'm driving down to the Alps at Easter - bought my Crit'Air sticker for the modern late last year. Very efficient service. The sticker isn't required for most of my journey, but Chambery can demand the stickers be displayed if air pollution reaches certain trigger levels - at the behest of the Mayor, apparently! 

Gully

21 minutes ago, Gully said:

The sticker isn't required for most of my journey, but Chambery can demand the stickers be displayed if air pollution reaches certain trigger levels - at the behest of the Mayor, apparently! 

Lots of places can and do invoke restrictions when air pollution levels are high.