Carpet Query

There's not very much difference in the floor pans - and none of the available replacement panels have any distinction between the various versions. In fact, I'd be surprised if you could find a carpet set that's specifically Mk4 against Mk3. What makes you say you have Mk4 floors?

9 hours ago, SpitfireGeorge said:

Assuming the floor well must be wider to match.

No, the floors are the same. Very early Mk3 may have a marginally different pressing for the slightly raised bit where the seat runner fits, but most are "universal" in that they have flat bits wide enough to drill for either type. I think the GT6 got the wider runners first and the floors were a common pressing.

All of the modern replacement floors have the seat nuts set at the MK4 spacing. If using MK3 runners you need to drill 2 new holes each side the actual pan is identical. Carpet sets will fit all the holes are not cut or at least not on any aftermarket carpet set that I have seen. There is a slight difference in the profile of the propshaft tunnel but I do not think it would affect the carpets. My carpets are a non moulded set in a MK2

• Like 1