GT6 Mk III genuine workshop manual?

Keith Nock

Does anyone know if Triumph ever made a workshop manual exclusively for the GT6 MKIII . I have a genuine Gt6 and Vitesse workshop manual which is mainly for GT6 Mk I and Mk II . I also have a Genuine spitfire 1500 workshop manual Part number RTC 9230/B and I tend to use the two together but don't know if I am looking for a manual which Triumph never produced?

Regards Keith

Id be very surprised if there was as the manual you have probably includes the wiring diagrams up to the end of production of the mk3 (KE20001 onwards plus all the USA variants). The most you could hope for might be some supplements but I reckon manufacturers probably lose interest when the end is in sight...

They definitely produced a dedicated parts catalogue for the Mk3, and my reprint of the GT6 & Vitesse WSM doesn't cover the Mk3 at all, so there probably should have been one. However, I've never seen one and, as johny says, they probably only issued a supplement pack.

2 hours ago, Keith Nock said:

Does anyone know if Triumph ever made a workshop manual exclusively for the GT6 MKIII

Don't think so. There's the GT6 M1, 2 & 3 and Vitesse 2-litre manual (third issue): ISBN 0 907073 90 5. It has the supplement which covers roto and non-roto Mk3 GT6s but it's pretty scant on detail about a lot of things. AFAIK that's the best there is.