KYK711D Vitesse 1600/6 Header rail Facia Photos

Do check the side rail mounting bar/strip mounting to the Header Rail. My pic shows the start of a hairline crack the other side had cracked right thro and had to be welded, very difficult to do, you cannot remove the bracket from the header rail as its in two parts welded and rivetted.

The second photo is the windscreen mounting clamp holes I'll have to mark the photo up later. but from memory? the first hole center is 1 3/16in from the cut side with the second hole centre 1.5in further on, the distance in from the bottom raw edge was 13/16in. I'll need to recheck and confirm these later I just measured them but walking in from the garage in the heavy rain I might have confused the 1/16ths ??? Should have taken pencil and paper

Side Rail Mounting Bracket to Header Rail.JPG

Header Rail to Windscreen Mounting holes.JPG

Vitesse Header Rail backface.jpg

Edited by Peter Truman
Dimensioned Photo Attached

16 hours ago, Peter Truman said:

Do check the side rail mounting bar/strip mounting to the Header Rail. My pic shows the start of a hairline crack the other side had cracked right thro and had to be welded, very difficult to do, you cannot remove the bracket from the header rail as its in two parts welded and rivetted.

The second photo is the windscreen mounting clamp holes I'll have to mark the photo up later. but from memory? the first hole center is 1 3/16in from the cut side with the second hole centre 1.5in further on, the distance in from the bottom raw edge was 13/16in. I'll need to recheck and confirm these later I just measured them but walking in from the garage in the heavy rain I might have confused the 1/16ths ??? Should have taken pencil and paper

Side Rail Mounting Bracket to Header Rail.JPG

Header Rail to Windscreen Mounting holes.JPG

Vitesse Header Rail backface.jpg

The Reason the side bars crack or break completely at the header rail is they are supposed to pivot/twist at the Rivet to counteract the Front Bulkhead windscreen frame twisting/flexing.

They often rust up and seize completely at the rivet, so a good spray of penetrating oil once in a while, then some normal oil should stop this happening

Regards

Gary

I'd read that before, the washer is the clue I assume the rivet must be shanked thro the 3 brackets and stamped hard against the washer only hence permitting the side rail bar to rotate against the two front header rail bars. Space mist have been the reason a shanked bolt and locknut wasn't used?