Mystery Coupe (Kit car maybe?)

Gary Flinn

The post I put on Facebook about this car is still running with over 700 comments!

No one seems to know, the favourite to me would be some sort of late 50's, early 60's kit car to suit an old Ford Pops chassis and running gear.

I will keep checking, but don't expect a definitive answer.

Gary 

Edited by Gary Flinn

Geoff Carverhill who has written  the Commer story and Rootes story  is friendly with Mr Harrington  

and is going to ask if they have any clues 

and The Rootes Story 2   the Chrysler years  is launched 18th November   if they dont know there is no hope 

this launch is by invite only and Im on the list  Ha !

Pete

image001.thumb.jpg.0d53222466c5b4c3d4bfee29209a4a25.jpg

16 hours ago, Ian Foster said:

Gary

Perhaps you could drop Classic & Sports car a line, so that they can get the collective brain of their readers (me included) on it.

Ian

Ian

That sounds like an excellent idea, I subscribe to Classic Car Weekly, I will forward the Photo on to the Editor and see if they can get a response off their readers?

Gary

On 07/11/2023 at 09:49, Pete Lewis said:

i will stick with my Commer upbringing    TS4  was the 16 prototype  4 cyl  versions of the  Rootes TS3  two stroke diesel we built 

which Chrysler scrapped    there are 4 still in existence .

makes a wonderful racket 

pete

I would love to have heard one!

Amazing what was scrapped or discontinued in Mergers. Daimler V8 sports car (SP250). Majestic Major with 4.2L V8 higher power than 4.2 Jag.

• 3 weeks later...