Rev. Counter cable.

68vitesse

Rev counter needle a bit wavy so tried to remove inner cable to lubricate it but inner will not pull out from either end with both ends disconnected.

Recently lubricated speedometer cable no problem pulled out from instrument end.

Just seemed a bit strange.

Regards

Paul

Paul

I've just replaced the rev counter on my GT6. The original one has done 220k miles and as the engine and part of the dash was out, I thought why not. New cable and grommets supplied by CC.

The inner on both the old and new cables can only be withdrawn from one end. I have fitted the new so that the inner would come out at the instrument end, which I believe supports the top of the inner properly and stops it dropping down. If yours is fitted this way, it should in theory pull out from the top unless significantly distressed as Doug suggests.

I made up a tapered lead from nylon and heated and lubricated the grommet to get it over the ferrule. It's a bit tight!

Ian

The last rev counter cable I bought for my GT6 had little ferrules crimped on both ends of the inner cable so that it could not be withdrawn from either end.  It was branded "Autonational" .

Ed