Ongoing power drain issue

jagnut66

I  am still leaning towards a drain somewhere, however, reading everybody's comments has left me wondering if I'm not being pulled in the wrong direction and that it might be the battery after all. 

I don't know the answer yet. 

Sorry, I work during the week, so it may be the weekend before I get back on this. 

Best wishes,

Mike.

Right Ive thought of an easier way to test the system for a drain:

With everything turned off disconnect the power lead from the battery terminal.

Set voltmeter to read 12v DC and connect it between the battery terminal and power lead.

If theres no drain you'll read zero while any greater reading indicates theres a circuit ie a drain.

You can test the meter by turning on the car lights and although they wont work the meter will show 12v.

Then turn everything off again before reconnecting the battery.  

1 hour ago, johny said:

Right Ive thought of an easier way to test the system for a drain:

With everything turned off disconnect the power lead from the battery terminal.

Set voltmeter to read 12v DC and connect it between the battery terminal and power lead.

If theres no drain you'll read zero while any greater reading indicates theres a circuit ie a drain.

You can test the meter by turning on the car lights and although they wont work the meter will show 12v.

Then turn everything off again before reconnecting the battery.  

Hi,
That test might be too sensitive using a digital meter. 

Oh and Mike when you first connect the voltmeter you might get a reading but this should slowly reduce to zero or certainly a very low reading. Plus dont worry you cant do any damage damage to the meter or car electrical system with it set to >12 volts DC👍

Oh and Mike when you first connect the voltmeter you might get a reading but this should slowly reduce to zero or certainly a very low reading. Plus dont worry you cant do any damage damage to the meter or car electrical system with it set to >12 volts DC👍