Vitesse front panel bracket

steveo

Evening all, after a house move & new garage build I have at last started to convert my 13/60 to a Vitesse front.

On the Herald there is a bracket coming off the bonnet support frame tube with 2 bolts connecting it to the front panel, my new front panel has no bracket on it, does a Vitesse have one?

Any one got any photos of such a thing if it exists, or am I looking for something it never had !

Thanks, Steve.

v4.JPG

On the Herald the bracket is welded to the front panel between the headlight and the grill, then 2 bolts hold it on to the bracket on the tube, but with the Vitesse having the extra inner headlight I have no idea where it would attach to.

My horns are long gone & now have a vintage aroooga horn below the rad ( put on by a previous owner not me ! )

Cheers, Steve.

Are these the bracket`s?

image.thumb.jpeg.aa789b49b9a988755dbf90d16e766339.jpeg

I was in the middle of trial fitting wheel arch repair sections, but they are shown far lower left?.

image.png.28b9994779a61672ca1fc18d744032cd.png

I note Item 10 etc; IS missing on the Vitesse. when compared to Colin`s screenshot?

Pete

Edited by PeteH
  • Thanks 1

Yes Pete they are the brackets, after looking at every Vitesse ad for sale on the web it looks like only heralds have them.

Good luck on fitting the wheel arches, just done mine, outers no problem but the inner repair arches from Rimmers were a  very poor fit, nearside one was so bad I complained to them & got a replacement sent f.o.c.

Rimmers may sell crappy panels but the customer service is excellent !

Cheers, Steve.

12 hours ago, steveo said:

Yes Pete they are the brackets, after looking at every Vitesse ad for sale on the web it looks like only heralds have them.

Good luck on fitting the wheel arches, just done mine, outers no problem but the inner repair arches from Rimmers were a  very poor fit, nearside one was so bad I complained to them & got a replacement sent f.o.c.

Rimmers may sell crappy panels but the customer service is excellent !

Cheers, Steve.

The only comercial parts in that one, are the two floor panels, R-H front out rigger, and R-H outer chassis rail, bought as "patterns". Every other was hand fabricated or repaired using stock steel plate. In total just over 1 x 2000x1000mm, sheet(s). Sadly, it is now sat outside under tarpaulin, and will probably go for sale soon as an uncomplete project for someone else to finalise. I bought Jeff`s "Plum" last July, before He passed, and am using that as intended. Having passed my 80`th year, and now in almost full time caring mode, I am getting too long in the tooth, for any long term projects. I have 95% of the rest of the 13/60 stashed around the house/garage. Sad, But that`s life.

Pete

Hi Steve, I happened to be in the garage today and had another look at the horn mounting on my Vit. I was incorrect in thinking that the horns bolt direct to the bracket on the bonnet frame. See pic. It might help.

Gav

20240302_104859.jpg