Recommendation for suitable paint

CarlM

I would like to tidy up the air filter housing and rocker box on my 13/60.  They are in a matt silver and the moment. Any recommendations for supplier?

Also would the same paint do to tidy up wheels?

Thanks in advance.

No doubt someone will come up with the 'correct' shade or paint code especially for the wheels, but as for supplier: if that's all you're painting your local Motorfactors would be a good starting point. Personally I tend to avoid Hammerite and the like but a good aerosol of the preferred colour will go quite a long way, and you should be able to find a modern alternative to the original paint quite easily.

14 hours ago, CarlM said:

I would like to tidy up the air filter housing and rocker box on my 13/60.  They are in a matt silver and the moment. Any recommendations for supplier?

Also would the same paint do to tidy up wheels?

Thanks in advance.

48 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

No doubt someone will come up with the 'correct' shade or paint code especially for the wheels, but as for supplier: if that's all you're painting your local Motorfactors would be a good starting point. Personally I tend to avoid Hammerite and the like but a good aerosol of the preferred colour will go quite a long way, and you should be able to find a modern alternative to the original paint quite easily.

Toolstation sells aerosol paints 

Paul 

I had my rocker box painted in Skoda Yeti 2013 silver (base + clear coat), when my wife's car was in for body repair!

Quite a good match to the original I think.

Only cost me a bottle of wine as well....result!

image.thumb.jpeg.f87143a9d98f8955a261f52eab81c513.jpeg

For something that's handy and off-the-shelf then Halford's 'Silver Wheels' is pretty good. It's not too fussy about what base it's applied on (including bare metal) and can be lacquered for a bright finish or left unlacquered  for a mid-satin finish. It's not a bright silver, so fits in well with the look of 60 - 70s vehicles. There's also Halfords 'Steel Wheels' but that really is dark- more like a pewter.

So for  a tenner or so might be a way to smarten up wheels + rocker cover.