Vitesse engine mount shims?

Froc

Hi all,

I have a Vitesse with sports outlet manifold fitted by the previous owner (Brand n/k). I've noticed that the steering column is making intermittent contact with the underside of the manifold, which I can feel through the wheel. I am thinking the straightforward fix is to raise the engine a few mm to give the column a bit more clearance.

Are engine mount shims available, or is it a case of making my own?

Many thanks.

Had this and as we had alloy rack mounts offset the rack a little , not the best move but workable

all very tight as had the all metal uj on the shaft which could foul the turret amd to tilt the engine

you may find fitting to the opposite side than expected makes a better tilt clearance

or make a clamp to install a indent of smooth relief in the down pipe

pete

Thanks for all the advice fellas. I am going to start with shims. I will blob some blue tac on the engine high points first and close the bonnet, to give me an idea how much leeway I have with engine height. If the shim approach is no good, I will re form (!) the exhaust as suggested. Will let you know how I get on.

Again, thanks for all the advice ☺

Don't raise the Engine to Much or you may find the Front rocker Cover Stud/Bolt, Rocker cover or even the Front Thermostat housing may catch the bonnet and make a nice dent?

Not!  :o

That's why on a Vitesse the front rocker cover fixing should be a bolt not a stud and nut.