Storing outside.

brian GT6.

My GT6 is currently being stored by a classic car storage company as i'm building a Dax Rush in the garage and don't have enough space. Hopefully I will have finished the Rush before the end of the year.

Would it do the GT6 any harm to store it outside with one of those breathable covers on it? It's nice to know it's inside in the dry.

If I kept it under a cover with those 'dehumidifying' bags of crystals. Would that be much worse for rust and dampness??

There's another thread on here you might be interested in  "GT6 covers" where a guy had condensation problems. I think a car cover is the last option if there's no other alternative.  I'd keep it in storage, if you can afford it or maybe rent a neighbours garage?

ive tried loads of things, even paid £ 180 for a 'wetsuit' material stretch over cover...{which had a seam right over hood which let water in}.

over winter ive had a black heavy duty builders sheet over spitfire with cut open duvet cover to protect paintwork. plenty of air gets under so minimal condensation problems