Originality

Eric Smith

12 minutes ago, Chris A said:

Sorry, not allowed to export them from the EU to the UK, they are classed as being of national interest 😁

Well they would be LHD anyway 😂 however you could send via the rubber dinghy route and no returns accepted! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Iain T said:

Well they would be LHD anyway 😂 however you could send via the rubber dinghy route and no returns accepted! 

RHD as were early cars, nothing to do with the UK but for practical reasons. Roads at the time were more used to horse drawn carts and having the car driver on the right, i.e. nearside they could  more easily see where the ditch was when they needed to move over when passing other road users. They changed LHD when roads improved and there was more traffic.

This means my Triumph is original 🙄

I thought it was horses and their riders had always passed on the left just in case you had to use your sword which of course would be in your right hand (not many lefties in those days as they were disciples of the devil😂)...

• Haha 1

Probably as authentic as the story that all castle staircases were spiral, and clockwise going up, to put attackers at a disadvantage.

There arevso many that go the other way that this is clearly nonsense! See:  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newcastlecastle.co.uk/castle-blog/spiral-stairs%3ffbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR2F33IWUFXtbJV4rjioB81qZWRNaPhuBdwnYYy2la4uO4lne9Bn0mvFkkA_aem_AbbHwlhodK__m-Xo6JL5lk21sh4I1oATaFvxKLihc19ZpyQygzvWrn4-o8VR-Bhv-7OIR0terwUeW5DabnAISSAn&format=amp

John

• Like 1

Well my Vitesse, which I will have owned for 40 years next year, has the original chassis, bulkhead and boot but different doors, rear tub, a 2.5 engine, CV conversion from swing axle, Saloon o/d box, GT6  3:27 diff, electronic speedo and tacho and god knows what else I don`t remember.

Original no but it`s a great car to drive. And I did have it repainted in the original Valencia Blue back around 2010, still looks good.( cellulose).

Steve

Vitesse-08-24.thumb.jpg.7ee0011e4ecdf949fbe297aa830c879f.jpg

• Like 1

To every one who has replied to my questions about originality - it’s great to see that there are so many members of this forum who are prepared to give an opinion, when I started this reply over 300 people had looked at this string so it’s obvious that people are happy to view and make comments on the discussion.

Thanks guys for all of your input

Eric