How much is this Spitfire worth?

Conor L

So a tub and chassis and doors. No bonnet or bootlid, bumpers etc.

Looks like a gearbox is in there, possibly overdrive.

Do not underestimate the value of the missing bits, it may seem cheap but a decent bonnet and bootlid will cost a fair chunck, I reckon £1K+ of bits to buy, and that is not new but good secondhand. 

So a tub and chassis and doors. No bonnet or bootlid, bumpers etc.

Looks like a gearbox is in there, possibly overdrive.

Do not underestimate the value of the missing bits, it may seem cheap but a decent bonnet and bootlid will cost a fair chunck, I reckon £1K+ of bits to buy, and that is not new but good secondhand. 

The car comes with a bonnet

How much is it worth?

Well it depends-

Price of any "thing" is simply whatever the market will stand for that "thing"

If someone will pay £200- then that is what it worth ( at least to the  to the seller)

Someone might fall in love with it, take it home and build a stunning machine- many have with worse.

To me, it is worth nothing - I would walk away( breaking into a run perhaps))

Even if the chassis has survived.,there will not be a single panel anywhere that does not need repair or replacing 

This vehicle has not recived  devoted atentionEvery mechanical part that still remains will be be well knackered

There is no such thing as a cheap car

only  expensive cars that can be bought cheaply but need a lot of money/and/or time spending on them thereby  making them expensive again

OK, no pic or mention of the bonnet.

Deffo no overdrive now I have peered at the pics more carefully. 

If bought as a donor it may be OK if he tub etc is solid and good. 

Worrying that is appears to be a K plate in the pics, advertised as L reg and also 1974! I would check the commission plate is there if you have any intention of buying, as if it is missing getting it registered is tricky (understatement!)

dvla says it's a 71, MOT ran out in 2009. So it's been sitting for 7 years. I think the clutch master cylinder is missing so probably other stuff too. Rear wings look OK but you'd have to get a magnet on them to be sure. And that's the answer really, go and look at it.

How much is it worth?

Well it depends-

Price of any "thing" is simply whatever the market will stand for that "thing"

If someone will pay £200- then that is what it worth ( at least to the  to the seller)

Someone might fall in love with it, take it home and build a stunning machine- many have with worse.

To me, it is worth nothing - I would walk away( breaking into a run perhaps))

Even if the chassis has survived.,there will not be a single panel anywhere that does not need repair or replacing 

This vehicle has not recived  devoted atentionEvery mechanical part that still remains will be be well knackered

There is no such thing as a cheap car

only  expensive cars that can be bought cheaply but need a lot of money/and/or time spending on them thereby  making them expensive again

OK, no pic or mention of the bonnet.

Deffo no overdrive now I have peered at the pics more carefully. 

If bought as a donor it may be OK if he tub etc is solid and good. 

Worrying that is appears to be a K plate in the pics, advertised as L reg and also 1974! I would check the commission plate is there if you have any intention of buying, as if it is missing getting it registered is tricky (understatement!)

dvla says it's a 71, MOT ran out in 2009. So it's been sitting for 7 years. I think the clutch master cylinder is missing so probably other stuff too. Rear wings look OK but you'd have to get a magnet on them to be sure. And that's the answer really, go and look at it.

Thanks for the advice guys :)