Heater Matrix - Vitesse MK2

Paul H

Hi Paul

I got mine from here:

http://www.demisterman.co.uk/Triumph/Triumph%20Herald%20heater%20matrix.php

Good service and worth every penny. Apart from having to relieve the holes in the heater fascia plate a little with a stone on a hand drill to stop it putting any lateral pressure on the inlet/outlet pipes, an easy job.(The pipes on the repro version were about 1cm further apart, but I did tell him about it, and he may have corrected this since).

Regards

Steve-C

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Progress.. Started to dismantle smiths heater with a view to check condition of heater matrix . I've removed the rubber pipes, removed the spring clips , and from inside the car undone the 2 retaining nuts and removed the air distribution box . Removed the blower motor. Now trying to lift out the heater assembly , including the front plate . It won't budge and as it there are more bolts to undo . Anything I've missed ?????

Progress.. Started to dismantle smiths heater with a view to check condition of heater matrix . I've removed the rubber pipes, removed the spring clips , and from inside the car undone the 2 retaining nuts and removed the air distribution box . Removed the blower motor. Now trying to lift out the heater assembly , including the front plate . It won't budge and as it there are more bolts to undo . Anything I've missed ?????

managed to take out front cover then the heater box , so all done . Heater matrix full of crud and had 1969 stamped on it so guess I'll change for a new one