Sound identification GT6 mk1

Thanks Doug -

Did look on the shop website, but couldn't see any non-adjustables, fallen in to the trap of WYSIWYG !  Ha Remember that expression/?????  I Will call Garth closer to the time

I was going to get most if not all the equipment from the club anyway in one of the 10% off deals (Should I be saying this ??) in the winter

Aidan

Hi Ben

Although Fitchett are good suppliers, I have heard that the "Bog Standard" ones are pretty crap China imports, I was hoping to get some NOS ones (Not sure what make they used then) or upgrade to a quality make, Munroe Koni Gaz or similar. I just don't want to pay £150 for each! I will check the Club shop to see if they have some non-adustable ones as Doug suggested 

Aidan

GSA 267 stds  fronts  are available from many    for £16+Vat

some used to have KYb but i cant find a good link 

you can buy a lot of stds for the cost of adjustables which from my experience never have a setting to suit what you are doing 

they are too hard or too soft never a spec that suits laden to unladen fast or bumpy roads .  constant twiddling 

its all down to preference and dream about the cost per mile ,  

pete

I found some more details on the ones in the shop which says

Gaz Shock Absorber - Damping Adjustable

Triumph GT6 Mk1 1966 > 68

Front

Gaz dampers are provided with a multi point adjustment facility that alters bump and rebound damping on a pre set ratio (e.g. 3-1, 2-1) via a single control knob. Struts and Inserts in the Road Range are fitted with a top adjuster that alters rebound settings only, but the bump settings can be altered for various motor sport uses at the point of order.

So to me they are not as adjustable as many. I think I will have to ask Garth what he recommends. I just want decent quality standard ride shocks

Aidan