Rocker face dressing

Gadgetman

Not sure what triumph did as a hardening process but much in the day would be flame hardened

Just the tips, also used on selector forks .

doubt they were induction hardened and this can create distortion which would need straightening

leveling the tips with a stone or mild grinding will last for many , more miles

keep as best to the profile and dont attack with angle grinders, just some steady care.

pete

I have just spoken to my contact at Ivor Searle, who provide the clubshop with Engines, Heads and Rocker assemblies. They say that the pads were not hardened at the time of manufacture. If they were when they reface them they would see a difference between the hardened and non hardened area of the rocker and this is not evident.

• Like 1

Thanks Juppy.

Will the later mk 2 vitesse rocker assembly fit the vitesse 6 heads? I may go for Moss set of bushed arms and matched shaft if it fits...

Does the club sell just new shafts?

If they don't who does the best quality replacement rocker shafts for the vitesse 6 ? Mine is worn down 9thou below minimum dimensions....

canley list   vit6 mk1 shafts as 

as available to order,   £17.50

a mk2 shaft is much longer , we fell over that hurdle some years ago  you can cut it down and tap  the oilway to fit a bolt to secure the  end  collar arrangement of the mk1 shafts 

pedestals are totally different  ,  

and if the bore in the rocker is sound  just reface  the stem wear pad   rockers for 1600 mk1 and mk2 are all common   

a re faced rocker, will be better than a new one for the simple reason

that the underlying metal has been work hardened.

so really, any indentation thats happened, has happened.

M