T D Fitchett's website and virus warning pop ups?

Colin Lindsay

I've just navigated from a Bing Search to T D Fitchett's link on cylinder head gaskets and got a pop up warning that "the last web page you visited has infected your Mac with a virus. Click on the link to begin the cleaning process."

I didn't and was able to just close the page, with the proper Fitchett's page in behind. Has anyone else had this? Is it worth notifying them that they may be virused or hi-jacked or whatever the term is?

post-151-0-24027700-1476551854_thumb.png

I've just navigated from a Bing Search to T D Fitchett's link on cylinder head gaskets and got a pop up warning that "the last web page you visited has infected your Mac with a virus. Click on the link to begin the cleaning process."

I didn't and was able to just close the page, with the proper Fitchett's page in behind. Has anyone else had this? Is it worth notifying them that they may be virused or hi-jacked or whatever the term is?

Their website is run by TSSC, so best let Garth know, but may just be local to you as I've just been on their and not had an issue.

I have seen this before. It's a pop-up scam it's the link you go to that holds the virus. Always have antivirus on your machine this will tell you if a website is infected before you get to it with a warning page

Suggest you clear your web history and cookies This should stop it reoccurring

I must admit though its unusual on a Mac

Aidan

It's rare for me on the Mac; I have Avast Mac Security running and never otherwise have any problems.

It's not the first one of these I've had but usually music video sites or music forums; never a Triumph-related site. I was just concerned that anyone else navigating to the site may get hi-jacked.