Rear Body Tub Fastenings?

PeteH

Hi.

Herald 13/60 repairs. Got to the point this afternoon, where I had the Mount bolts each side removed, However the Body will only lift a few Millimetres, So I have been looking here for answers. What I think is happening is there must be at least 2 more Bolted joins either In the Floor pan or the boot. I have seen here that the GT6? has bolts at the top of the Rear axle / spring "Hump" and there are two bolts under the rubber bungs in the boot?. Are there any other Bolts?.

Thanks

Pete

Have you removed these

Two at the rear of the out riggers under the boot

Two on the diff hump

And the ones down the side plus the screws across the bulkhead joint.

Maybe a few welds and screws that previous owners have added.

And dont forget the handbrake cable.

Plus a few I might have forgotten

Adrian

OK 2 at the top of diff Hump, I did suspect where body securing. The outrigger ends under the boot dont exist!. (part of the reason why I want he Rear tub off!) The Join under the seats have been removed for some repair sections to be inserted, and a new floor pan. Thanks for that, I will have a look again later. At this point I am not taking the front tub off (Yet).

Pete

HI

Thanks all. Rear tub now lifted clear, (well by 4inches!). Just waiting for a couple of Buddies (Drinking Variety!) to give me a lift off so I can get at a few dodgy spots on both the Chassis and tub. Leaving the front (tub) in place for the time being, Storage space is now at a premium even in a double width garage!. Cheers.

Pete

HI

Thanks all. Rear tub now lifted clear, (well by 4inches!). Just waiting for a couple of Buddies (Drinking Variety!) to give me a lift off so I can get at a few dodgy spots on both the Chassis and tub. Leaving the front (tub) in place for the time being, Storage space is now at a premium even in a double width garage!. Cheers.

Pete

There is never enough space in a garage when owning Triumphs.

Adrian