Silverstone Classic

AndrewG

Looking forward to attending the Silverstone Classic.

What are the ticket arrangements for club members? I usually attend as a spectator, but now that I am a TSSC member and Triumph owner.....

Regards

Andrew

I hope for your sake that I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Nigel Hawes - Northants Area Organiser and Silverstone Classic co-ordinator - posted on Facebook earlier in the week that after 31st May the club display packages are no longer available, which means no display pass, no 2 for 1 entry and no parade lap. Only general admission tickets from 1st June.

Gully

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Many thanks to all involved in organising the Club's presence at the Silverstone Classics at the weekend - it was great to see the array of colourful Triumphs sandwiched between the corporate greys and silvers of the Aston Martin and Maserati stands! The TSSC stand was really well supported on Friday and particularly Saturday, with many (like me) attracted by the opportunity for a Saturday parade lap. (I didn't make Sunday, so can't comment on number of cars).

This year's lap was, I felt, much better than last year's - a great holding area next to the track at Brooklands so we didn't miss any racing and a much quicker pace. Big thanks to Jane Rowley who forwarded the following picture to me today (credit Richard Dredge) - a fabulous memento ????

post-354-0-28255800-1501527377_thumb.jpeg

Gully

• Like 1

A great picture; really sharp and catches the atmosphere. One to be framed perhaps?

I'm thinking of a canvas print - it's my birthday in a fortnight and after all the 'presents' I've bought the car this year I reckon I deserve one myself!

Gully

Cant see any oil on track hows the gearbox ???

still holding up

pete

Gearbox is still holding its oil, thanks Pete! I wasn't black flagged . Not even a slippery surface flag followed my passing, although after a fleet of Triumphs being on track shortly before the rain arrived, I'm not surprised the A30/A35's were skating off all over the place!

Gully

• 7 months later...