Mk3 carpets

Ye-Gads

Does your car still have it's VIN plate? Should be located on the passenger side, lift the bonnet and will be near the locking mechanism. It will tell you the original body colour and trim number.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=82LwMjyY&id=AAFD7CD806C526130ED71B35844BA25C1540AAD3&thid=OIP.82LwMjyYyJ7zPmghIW-FBgEsC1&q=triumph+spitfire+mk3+vin+plate&simid=607997758129374325&mode=overlay&first=1

Thanks for the response.

paint is code 19 - pure white and trim is 12 - matador red

So seats, door cards etc are all correct, my question is really around if all mk3 spits came with black carpets irrespective of trim colour or if it would have had a red carpet originally

Thanks

My GT6 came with chestnut carpets but it's a late one,  maybe they were a late offering? Chestnut is quite rare and proving a pain to replace.

As to the Spitfire, Unless you're a stickler for originality, go for the red carpets, it will look spectacular.

• Like 1

My GT6 came with chestnut carpets but it's a late one,  maybe they were a late offering? Chestnut is quite rare and proving a pain to replace.

As to the Spitfire, Unless you're a stickler for originality, go for the red carpets, it will look spectacular.

The first GT6 I looked at was a white Mk2 with red interior (including carpets) - it was stunning, but sadly beyond my budget. I still wish on occasions that I'd found the extra £k's...

Gully

Yes I think it would look good also, but car is pretty much as it left factory, was with last owner for 40 years. Other than some subtle period mods such as the swing spring would like to keep it pretty original. Hence query on what it would have left the factory with red carpets or black