Fuel gauge reading zero suddenly

Ricky

Ricky.

Have you tried following the guide I attached on a previous reply ??

I do not know if you have a WSM, so I have attached 2x pdf's to cover the wiring on the Vitesse.

Have you purchased as suggested, a multimeter ?? They are no expensive. If not may I suggest that you do, so you can progress with the investigation and report back accordingly.

If you have a length of car wire about fifteen feet you could connect it direct from the fuel sender unit to the gauge. If normal service resumes, it is a wire fault. If no change then you will need to look at the sender unit and / or fuel gauge connections. I go back to my first line above for you to use and assess.

I'm not sure that anyone or anything else can be suggested without you at least coming back with some tangible results.

Regards.

Richard.

VITESSE WIRING DIAGRAM - All Models.pdf

VWD Legend.pdf

Yes, Aiden is right, same as my GT6 and Haynes confirms Vitesse also the same.  Green is Live, Black is Earth.

But according to my Haynes manual (It has been wrong before!) the Vitesse fuel gauge should have a light green with dark green strip wire and a green wire with a black strip.

On the fuel tank sender is the other end of the green/black and a black wire to earth.

The light green/dark green strip wire comes from the voltage stabiliser on the back of the speedo

Still broken, I'm overtaken by events and the car is due to go into storage very soon as I cant leave it outside, so I will just top up the tank and sort it later. I know, its a copout! But thanks for the advice, I've printed off the wiring diagram and the posts much appreciated.