Telescopic Aerial / antenna chrome bezel

Colin Lindsay

WOW! Almost, it's sort of slanted to fit on an inclined surface. Mine's on a horizontal surface so I'd like a symmetrical one. However, looking through their shop there's a dozen different ads for different cars but all have the same picture! It might do, I think I'll make an investment.

Thanks Aidan.

Doug

If I remember right I think it's suitable for a flat surface to. It's just the way each part is angled to each other. I fitted something like this on the wing of my Capri back in the 80's

Doug if you look at the second picture it's a diagram of th achievable angles 0 to 30 degrees

Aidan

I like Ben's idea..... but Aidan's link has given me a good start for a search.

Mine is symmetrical, sort of like this one (and in pretty much the same condition....) It needs to be suitable for a flat surface as it's going on the flat part of the rear wing, so no angle or slope to compensate for.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1956-Cadillac-Fleetwood-Antenna-Bezel-Nut-Trim/192366517304?hash=item2cc9f01c38:g:hssAAOSwO7haDhJr

Here's mine in happier times ie probably newly fitted:

gt6aeriel.jpg.40feb5a981ff4bcdd7a8b6879a7c3a2c.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autoleads-Narrow-Wing-Mount-Car-Aerial-Antenna-Stainless-Steel-Mast-Replacement/191522567035?epid=1423147925&hash=item2c97a2737b:g:VH4AAOSwx-9WxEdC

This one looks fairly similar and it's supposed to be stainless, so shouldn't (!) rust as easily. The original one was a Kingavon Fully Automatic but as it's never been wired in, it doesn't really matter... :)