Stromberg 150 type identification

Paulfc

one site thats very good at explaining is   http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/technical.htm

the parts may be a variant of the same family but the methods and techniques   work on pretty much all our cars 

have a browse .... whether its carbs overdrive or whatever ..  this makes life easier with good photo progress of the bits WSM often leave out 

Pete

Just picking up on something that's been stated a couple of time on this thread, but which I believe is wrong (based on my pretty early Mk 3 GT6, the Haynes Stromberg manual and owners manual). All the reference material I have states that Mk 3 GT6's were all fitted with 150 CDSE carbs, never 150 CDS. The crankcase breather system altered during the production run, as did the sets of CDSE carbs (as I listed earlier in the thread), but the basic type did not - all top adjusted with the wonderful temperature compensators!

Gully

• Thanks 2

Gully, Very good point. I am wrong in saying 150CDS were fitted to the GT6 Mk3. You are right the difference was the breather arrangement at engine number KE10001. The later carbs have the side breather tubes to take the pipes from the rocker cover. As you say both have the top mixture adjustment. The engine up to KE10000 is basically the Mk2 engine fitted with the earlier 150 CDSE carbs which do not have these tubes and hence retain the Smiths Emission Valve. Both have temp units.

Sorry for the confusion.

Dave  

• Thanks 1

So I'm looking for pair of CDSE Stromberg 150s to go with the Smiths Emission Valve if I want to go back to the original spec ..... which I do. There's never a dull moment with a Triumph!

Thanks folks.

Yes, 150CDSE but the ones without the breather tubes and with the temperature compensation units. And yes you need a Smiths Emission Valve

The Mk2 150CDS will work OK on your engine and give a better range of mixture adjustment. But if you are looking for originality go for the above.

Dave