Various niggles

Adrian

Hi all, 

Rather than post multiple threads I have a few niggles / observations.

1. I’ve tried Petes running valve clearance. Other than a small adjustment they are still tappety. It may well be that they are all in need of additional adjustment. 

2. I bought a new Tudor washer bottle from rimmers along with tube. The top bottle connection is so loose that it won’t ‘suck’. Starting to get annoyed with some of the poor products out there with stupid delivery charges!

3. Looking at fitting the occasional back seats. Does anyone have the fitting instructions (I’ve looked on the courier history and seen the parts) I assume I need to replace the original rear parcel shelf bracket?

4. Can anyone show me how the horn is mounted?

5. The tssc engine valances are very tight. Are there any issues about the top rubbing on the underside of the carbs?

6. Wiring route in engine bay. A couple of the bendy metal strips are missing.

I may have more but this is a bit of a starter.

thanks

Adrian

7 hours ago, Adrian said:

1. I’ve tried Petes running valve clearance. Other than a small adjustment they are still tappety. It may well be that they are all in need of additional adjustment.

Could be the rockers are worn, so the feelers bridge the unworn bit of the rocker so effectively open the gap. Only way to tell is to remove the rocker and inspect.

Are you sure the tapping is tappet related,    worn cam bearings and loose sprockets can make a similar racket you cant eleminate with feelers , 

See daves problems with shaft wear

No idea about the horn but on vitesse its  mounted on a bracket on the tube mivht be on a springy strap to isolate noise 

Valences dont want to touch the carbs , the engine moves a good bit with torque, and you transmit engine noise to the cabin   hard loading may even  crack the carbs 

Harness tags , use self adhesive  cable tie or drill a hole use a cable tie

Pete