Triumph Spitfire 1500 hardtop fixings

Black Cat

Hi, I have a hardtop which came with my 1977, 1500 Spitfire, which I'm yet to fit. I have the bolts for the windscreen and the rear fixings, and also the tie mounting brackets are fitted on the hardtop but no tie bar or the bolts to fit the tie bar. I will most likely buy new tie bars but could someone tell me the sizes of the two bolts, which secure the tie bar to the mounting bracket please?

The bolt that goes down through the black mounting on the hard top and in to the top of the chrome tie bar is the same as the ones in to the rear deck.

The bolts that attach the bottom of the tie bar to the car body depend if you're fitting the hard top with or without the soft top in place.  Based on the Moss parts catalogue WITH soft top requires a 5/16" spring washer while WITHOUT requires a 1/4" one, so I'd say you're looking at a 5/16" screw with/1/4" without - though I can't help with lengths.

the through bolts for the rear deck and the legs at the B post are 624818   5/16" x24 unf    x 1" long 

you do need the offset legs to attach to the b post zone  624874/73 with the top mounts 716026/25

and rearwards  legs  624720 x2  and another  2  top fixing

front leg lower bolt to Bpost HU0708D   and the rearward leg to side frame  624817  all are  5/16x 24 unf 

pete