2500S Project

llessur

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Interested to hear how you get on with the clutch - mine was right on the floor too and one clutch master cylinder/3 clutch slave cylinders (with a load or spacer nuts so full throw on the slave isn't the pedal-up positon) and it's now...about an inch off the floor.

most big box clutch actuation  problems come from the sheared dowel bolt in the cross shaft notorious for failing

this is tr related but its the same on saloons  this spell out the trials and tribulations of this nasty bolt 

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5c6dec53b10f25d4edf0b3f7/t/5d0194e7dd6f4f0001b1f36e/1560384744912/Clutch+Shaft.pdf

• 1 month later...

Cheers Pete, have got a hardened pin from CW but have already taken a look at the Buckeye site and am considering cross-drilling too. Although with the limited mileage I'll be doing the standard set up would probably be just fine. 

It was annoying to say the least that the transmission adaptor didn't work out - I was very impressed with it and it would have been perfect if it wasn't for the height. The car is already raised 600mm at the front, by my reckoning it would need to be around 900mm to use the adaptor and I don't have the equipment to get it up that high. 

Not sure how I'll get the box back in this stage - the OD box is pretty heavy and I'm not exactly a big guy. I'll have a think about that whilst I'm sorting out the replacement engine's thrust bearings.

My thoughts so far are either balancing the box on a trolley jack and fiddling it in that way, or somehow raising it in small increments so it rests back on the same timber support I took it out on, then slipping the tranny jack back in for the final alignment...

yes we (two of us)  balanced on trolley jack but getting a bit old for it the diff was a a questionalble  what are we doing under here 

but its up its in and the new quill brg has lost all the vibration i had without dropping the whole rear end off..  not easy on a mk2 saloon  as wheel well stops most  rearward shift 

Pete

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...