Vitesse Mk2 RoStyle hub cap not fitting correctly

Robin

The hub cap on my Vitesse mk 2 has always been proud of the drivers side rear wheel rim (see pics) - the hub cap fits flush on all the other wheels. So two questions;

1. Can anyone identify the rear wheel that's fitted i.e from what other model?

2. Does anyone have a wheel for a Vitesse mk 2 that they want to part with?

Thanks

Robin

IMG_5213.jpg

IMG_5214.jpg

2 hours ago, Robin said:

Not sure I fully understand - how would this allow the hubcap to fit flush to the wheel rim (as the other hubcaps do on the other wheels)?

It won't. It will confirm whether the wheel is a Herald one instead of a Mk2 Vitesse. To fix it, you need to find a correct wheel.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Robin said:

Yep - found out it’s a herald wheel! Almost gave up trying to find a vitesse wheel ( seems pretty difficult to find) but eventually tracked one down and the hub cap fits perfectly

Hurrah for finding one. Had my brain been engaged I'd have mentioned that I have two in the shed...

Ha! Well, the reason I haven't already parted with them is that the car they came with has at least one slightly wonky wheel (the spare, of course). That and the Spitfire needing a set, so the two I have left are the least clean of a pile of seven I'd accumulated. I also have a nicely refurbished 3.5J that I have no real use for 🙄