Interchangeable Parts

Hi All,

I guess one of the most frequent questions we have here on the forum is ”will this part from model X fit into my model Y”. One of the blessings with our Triumphs is that we can use parts from other models than the one we have (the 1296 engine block in my 13/60 is from a FWD 1300...). I think the forum “interchangeable parts” on the Sideways forum is brilliant. Could we have a similar forum here? I learned a lot on Sideways. This for instance http://sideways-technologies.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/7202-lightweight-saab-clutch-cover-for-a-triumph/

Anyone else missing this? Just a thought... /Roger.

• Like 1

Just to clarify: I was mainly thinking of non-triumph parts that fits (or fits with minor modifications). I know a lot of Triumphs have been saved by using parts from Subaru, Volvo, Ford, Saab or Jaguar etc. Personally I prefer to keep my Triumphs close to original spec, but if the original part is no longer available then I have no problem using something else. But also how we can change parts betweeen the models.

I agree. Knowing what secondhand parts from a Vitesse, Herald etc are common to a Sprifire would be brilliant. I know you can check the parts lists but for all the models in the TSSC range!!  Especially as I'm not absolutely sure which part came from where on my 'mongrel'.

2 hours ago, Badwolf said:

I agree. Knowing what secondhand parts from a Vitesse, Herald etc are common to a Sprifire would be brilliant. I know you can check the parts lists but for all the models in the TSSC range!!  Especially as I'm not absolutely sure which part came from where on my 'mongrel'.

I have exactly the same problem with my "bitza".

Here is an example of a thread that would fit in this category: using heater fan motor from Nissan Micra (or the motor from a Smart Car also described in this thread which seems to be an even better option) Spitfire 1500 heater motor upgrade

I believe that a lot of the parts for the breaks where also used by Ford and Saab used Triumph engines in the first generation of Saab 99. There are probably quite a lot of Saab spare parts that fits in our trimphs.  @KevinR , please advise. /Roger.