Has anyone got a photo of Stromberg linkage

pirate

10 minutes ago, NonMember said:

I think you're missing a spacer. The fast idle lever should not hit the manifold!

11 minutes ago, NonMember said:

I think you're missing a spacer. The fast idle lever should not hit the manifold!

Your right had a walk back in the garage tidying some spanners away and saw the thick spacer gasket on the bulkhead doh!

all fastened up and not hitting the manifold. 

Cant see the wood for the trees sometimes lol.

Hi

On some vehicles that "spacer" is is of a non heat conducting material too. There was an issue in the 60`s, when mini`s first came out and guys swapped carbs; in the "hope" of "Go Faster". The spacer aided keeping the carb; cooler and fuel evaporation to a minimum. Leaving the heat shield off was another "mistake" often made too. A lot of "hot start" issues could be traced to that.

Pete

HI

Would seem to support my feeling then, The "Mini Maniacs" back then would leave it out to give greater clearance, with the Carb(s) being close to the bulkhead it was sometimes a issue getting the shiny Intake "trumpets" to clear!. (Filter? what Filter?) What did not happen with many was they forgot that "breathing" was not just down to a "Bigger" Throat. But needed gas flowing and other changes to achieve any decent power increases. So often they where just wasting fuel and making life harder!.

One guy sheared off the bottom of the SU carb, when the Head mount brace gave way. He was lucky not to finish up as a ball of fire, because the SU pump just kept on pushing petrol out!, even as the engine was stopping.