Gt6 mk3 heater

That sounds about right. Dolomites have excellent heaters in a car with good insulation so you really notice it. GT6s leak so much engine heat into the cabin anyway that the feeble bit of vague warmth from the heater is not noticeable.

So luke warm air, actually tepid air with control on max heat on an average day like yesterday is the best it's going to get?? 

How on earth would you defrost an icy screen like that? 

Must admit the air blowing on to the screen was hoter than the dash vents, but I could seem to switch off the screen vents. I guess the foam seals have failed in the heater box. 

John 

Spit and gt6 use the same matrix, if its not toasty then theres a problem with flow , coolant temperature, cold aid bypassing the matrix

They can work ok.

The twin tank matrix was used on many other  vehicles  , and heater matrix will flush well with a hosepipe 

So  with   a clean flow , a valve that   does actually open , no air locks in the supply , and seals around the matrix and direction flaps

A 82c and a clear bypass tube Under the ex manifold   should give a reasonable output.

Pete

John,

Most GT6 owners don't notice the heater doesn't work until they fix the gearbox tunnel and stop the engine heat seeping in!

My GT used to be my daily driver and during a particularly bad winter, 30 years ago, my heater and demist worked fine. Do what Pete says, or alternatively, don't fix the tunnel.:lol:

Doug

Gt the heat output up..... Had to top up the cooling system. 

Valve works as could turn it off. 

What I now notice is that only screen vents are hot. The side vents always cold despite the control positions. 

Is this normal for a gt6? Or do I need to rebuild the heater box and flaps.... 

John 

do check the flaps ,rods levers and all the gizmo's under the dash fundamental . many of the flap seals are old foam and  long disappeared

just because the valve turns off  doesnt mean its really very 'open'  ie.   good output needs full flow input

might be time to get the whole thing on the lounge table for a examination ??

Pete

The eyeball vents in the dash are on shared (by a Y-piece) hoses with the footwell eyeball vents. These are all a really tight fit in the limited space behind the dash and it's not at all uncommon for the hoses to fall off. Or, indeed, for the Y-pieces to be fitted backwards.

Hi

Yep the Y pieces are now All present  and correct. 

My question is.... Are the 4 eye balls supposed to be same temperature as screen vents? 

Some cars have cold face vents only. 

I have fitted a new tunnel and attached reflective foam to the underside, so heat input from tunnel should be reduced. 

Cheers

John