Vitesse side lights

NickT

Hi all.

My Vitesse is nearly complete from a bit of a overhaul but.

I need to source a new set of front side lights. Found them on the bay at £63, these are listed as L584. I,ve also found the same No L584 listed for a MG Midget but at only £49. Does anyone know if these are the same parts. The actual part numbers, on other usual Triumph sites, are different ,but that maybe for the different cars. I know back in the day a lot of parts were used on lots of cars. I just don,t want to pay a premium because it says Vitesse. We all know a cake isnt a cake when it says wedding before it!.

Any feedback greatly received.

Cheers Nick.

That £63 is for a pair (from the same supplier who sold me cr*p TR7 bearings that I had to bin). Lots of pairs of lamps for around £49 elsewhere, though.

One other is selling a pair for £65, but he's also selling a tractor plant ignition switch, so for £6.79 you can start the assembly line all by yourself... :)

3 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

L584 is thee lucas reference part number  

Eg   https://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/mobile/product/1557

Originals at £24 each   

Pete

Don't forget o add VAT to that.

I have been looking further same, one MG trader is doing one side for about nineteen but the other side at twenty six I think.

Hi All

Thanks for input. I,ve ordered a pair which were £55 delivered so happy with that. There seems to be quite a price range on stuff for our passion eh!. Some research always pays.

Getting advice from you people on here is very good. 

Just waiting for them to put the new hood on and i should be getting her back Monday after a 10 month refurbish. Cant wait!

Cheers guys. Nick.