1971 GT-6 Rotoflex and 1973 body no Rotoflex

The unrusted 1973 bodyshell (from Oklahoma-no road salt!) does not have the mounts for rear shocks in the inner fender wells.  This is because in 1973 Triumph reverted to swing-arm suspension.  I have been unable to find all 4 parts required (714655 and 714656 are available but 821154 and 821155 are NLS).  I have read  that TSCC sells or used to sell a kit that eliminates the need for these.  Is this still available? Can't seem to find it.  Joe Curry at Spitlist used to make a bracket to do this but no longer makes it.  I have also read that Moss Motors makes such a kit but again I can't find it.

Any suggestions?  I am new here but I do love my GT-6 and want to restore it. Until I took it off the road 20 years ago I drove it daily and worked on it even more often.

23 minutes ago, Qu1ckn1ck said:

When I fitted the brackets to my early Mk 3 my existing shocks were too long so I had to buy shorter shocks to fit.

The kit is clearly marked as a conversion kit that fits shorter (and far more common) shocks than the absurdly long ones originally used on Rotoflex cars. The later, swing spring cars used shocks that will probably work fine, even if the TSSC advertising claims would imply otherwise.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, NonMember said:

The kit is clearly marked as a conversion kit that fits shorter (and far more common) shocks than the absurdly long ones originally used on Rotoflex cars. The later, swing spring cars used shocks that will probably work fine, even if the TSSC advertising claims would imply otherwise.

A local GT6 owner (one of the very best out there) had the club kit, and despite a newish STD spring at the correct ride height, the shocks were bottoming out. The club sorted it via Gaz, but I would be wary about using spitfire shocks.

On the other hand, I don't understand why the brackets do not get a slight redesign so STD spit shocks would work...

The open and closed lengths of the Shocks are important when using the Chassis mount brackets with the Roto-flex type Suspension.

I used Koni 80-1717 Adjustable Shocks on my Vitesse which have an open length of 296mm Eye to Eye and a closed length of 218mm.

They worked well and I never experienced any bottoming out, although modifications are needed to to the top and bottom bushes, as they are actually designed for the Front of an Early Mini but certainly work well on the Rear of a Vitesse.

Gary