Engine Paint Recommendations Please

JonLow

Can people recommend an engine spray paint that they find actually works and is resistant to heat and under bonnet fuels and vapours please. I am looking to do this job only once, while the engine is out. I have spent ages looking for a Gloss Black spray paint on the internet and seem to get so many opposite opinions of the various ranges - ie, some products get good reviews and other people slate the product. Always seems to be the way, varying reviews, I guess for varying situations. 

I am looking for a spray paint as I am useless getting a good finish with a brush. Over to people in Triumph land! 

most paints on engine fail due to poor cleaning before painting not the paint itself,

any simple aerosol of gloss black should give reasonable life and easy to touch in later in life

steer clear of flat smooth   hammerites etc.   

maybe look out for old  stock finigans hammerite   that does better than  whats on the tin

its years since i painted an engine 

Pete

I found almost no difference between Frost Black Engine Enamel and a cheapie engine paint, other than a huge variation in price.

A good option I've found relatively recently is a black primer, preferably heat resistant like stove paint, with a gloss coat of aerosol black over the top.

I use Por15 paint products for ancillaries and relining the petrol tank in my vitesse . I’ve got nothing but praise for their products though you must follow the instructions . Check out https://www.frost.co.uk/por15-black-engine-enamel-paint-473ml/

i used a brush and the finish was very acceptable with 2 coats 

Paul 

I agree about cleaning. Very hard to get rid of all traces of oily stuff but I finally used stove enamel/bbq paint. Several thin coats allowing it to go tacky but not hard between coats. Nice heat resistant finish. I used POR15 on a few bits on the car but also on our front gate.Very good finish. Frosts cleaner solution appears to be very good at getting rid if oil. Probably only concentrated soap but it worked.