Vitesse little side trim piece behind the fuel tank filler

ChrisTasmania

Thanks everyone for the help on the NLA cowl rubber gasket, 45 pounds delivered for a little bit of rubber, crikey, I'll start saving.

I promise I have searched the forum, and this could be just odd on my 70 Vitesse, but, with the little piece of side trim that goes from behind the filler cap to the tail-light, there are two holes, the forward one is obviously for the special rivet, but the other is much bigger in diameter. What goes there!?

Cheers

Chris

Chris just realized your talking on the outside of the car its a short bit of SS an extension of the piece from the door to fuel cap. It's only fitted to the Vitesse not the Heralds, they must be available ex UK doubt if you'll find one in Aus, but maybe ex NZ where the Vitesse was sold, try NZ Trade Me.

Ref the filler cap seal I got mine here in Aus, I think $20 or so I'll contemplate and see if I can remember where!

Peter T

Reverse Light Seal & SS Trim from Fuel Cap to Tail Light 20cm long.JPG

SS Trim at rear of Petrol Cap 20cm long.JPG

interestingly Colin my trim looks different not sharp/straight cut at the end but it has no fixed clips but the pointy end (rear) looks like a clip might have been mounted there as its discoloured, the front ie nearest filler cap looks like a standard trim clip which will be pop riveted to the wing.

Peter T

Vitesse Rear Trim underside.JPG

8 hours ago, Peter Truman said:

interestingly Colin my trim looks different not sharp/straight cut at the end but it has no fixed clips but the pointy end (rear) looks like a clip might have been mounted there as its discoloured, the front ie nearest filler cap looks like a standard trim clip which will be pop riveted to the wing.

I noticed that from your photo, and even the exploded diagram seems to show a rounded end! Mine is straight-cut at one end, so were there different versions depending on models? The Vitesse bodytub I'm currently working on has one rivet closest to the filler and a hole at the rear, as Pete says further up. I don't think Heralds ever had them, but I've had this one for many years and got it in a job lot of Herald parts that came with a car, so have always assumed it was Triumph-related.

DSCF7403.jpg.6f966be3311ba2118acfdcd37d6eb55e.jpg

30 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

tats how i remember mine one rivet  cup , one pin  mabe evolution changes them  mine was a 64  vit6

Pete

Mine was the same as Pete's but on a 1970 Mk2?

I sure the end near the filler cap was rounded too, will see if I have a close up photo of that area.