Lincolnshire Area Meeting November

Crock41

Hi, I’m Dave Samways, and I have been involved with Triumph since buying my first Herald 13/60 in the late 70’s and I currently own a Vitesse Estate, MK1 Vitesse Convertible and 1300 Spitfire.

I have offered to take up the role of Area Organiser in the hope of resurrecting our group.

I am looking to have our first group meeting at the Kings Head pub in Navenby on the 12th November at 20.00.

Everyone welcome, hopefully I won’t be sitting on my own all evening.

Good luck Nigel!

Look back through the East Berks signing in book we used to get 2 or 3 people over the winter months! Better now and much better in the summer. I would advise you to repeat your intentions over the coming days, people are forgetful, we've had a couple forget to come to the Christmas party despite having paid a deposit. It's like herding cats!

Doug

Dave,

I got emailed a spread sheet from HQ showing members in Berkshire, no names, (data protection?)  but email addresses and post codes. These were current members paying subs, I was astonished to discover there were over eighty! Half fell into another area, but three were within walking distance of me, ten within a couple of miles. So fired off some emails. A lot of emails turned out no longer valid, including some of the regulars! So if you're now officially AO call HQ and get your Lincolnshire list.

Doug

yes when register as AO the main website logged in ( different login to the forum) you should come up as administrator

from there you can add your events and pub data , area news   etc .

if but doesnt work ......someone hasnt push your buttons to set you up

let us know how you get on and we can help   or frustrate   !!!!!!!

Pete

On 29/10/2019 at 08:37, Crock41 said:

However I determined to get the Lincolnshire group up and running again

Well done Dave, kudos for taking it on and here's to a bright future.

Publicity is the key - get it into The Courier, with full details of the exact area you cover plus up-to-date contact details. I get a lot of Herald owners asking if there's anyone in their area and The Courier is the first port of call for AO information that I can supply to them. 

Expect, as Doug says, to have a surprising number of local members but many will be silent sleepers who pay membership and never attend anything; however there's always a solid core of members who do attend everything and will be only too happy to assist once they have a working area again.