1500 Spitfire removing rear trims

If you have rear wing '1500' logo trims they should pull out with a gentle rocking action. If memory serves (Others will no doubt correct) they are held by two lugs through the wing along with self adhesive rubber tape, which has either given up the ghost of set rock hard. The long trim pieces should be held on with a type of clip which pushes into the trim and grips the bodywork seam the trim is pushed on. This should, again, pull up and off with a gentle see saw action but, take great care not to crease the lengths of trim or they are toast,

The seam trims on the wing tops, rear panels and boot lid edge are held on with these:

https://www.bresco.com/acatalog/Triumph-Spitfire---GT6-Rear-Panel-Moulding-Clips-KIT46P.html#SID=45

I use a very large flat bladed screwdriver to try and ease them off progressively, as they start to move try to spot where the clips are and gently leaver close to those spots. As @Badwolf says, go gentle and whatever you do don't crease/bend them!

If you're going to try levering the wing top trims off, be warned! They may be VERY firmly fixed, possibly even glued. Screwdriver slipping isn't the only risk - the leverage force can put dents in the wing. Also, the black trims (late 1500) are plastic and cannot be removed intact, AFAICT.

Managed to get them off without damaging them. The clips were causing spots of rust underneath the clips so I won't be using them.

They are black trims on a 1976 topaz orange, they seem to be painted black but the lacquer has peeled off in places, doubt this is how they came out of the factory but you never know.

Thanks for your help.

Don't tell the purists, but mine were painted with the old formula black hammerite and filled with (again old formula) waxoyl before pushing on. No problem with rust, but they will have to come off when I finally start (if ever) the re-paint job so that will be fun.