GT6/Vitesse 2 Litre Gearbox Wanted - Any Condition

Nigel Clark

Can anyone help please?

I'm getting an 1850 Dolomite single rail gearbox rebuilt for my 2.5 litre GT6 but want to keep the 3 rail gearchange.

Does anyone have a GT6/Vitesse box available? I only need the case and top cover with selector shafts and forks, so the condition of the gears etc doesn't matter. Neither does it matter whether it's overdrive type or not.

Any 2 litre GT6/Vitesse box in almost any condition will do.

Thank you in advance!

Nigel

Doesn’t need to be a GT6 or Vitesse one, any 4synchro one will do, so Mk4 Spitfire, Toledo, 1850 Dolly etc.

You only need the casing and the reverse gear and actuating arm from the main bit.

Fitchetts have brand new selector assemblies, if not any 4 synchro one will do. Ebay item number 113302847225

I have all the parts if you get stuck.

Cheers

Colin

55 minutes ago, thescrapman said:

Doesn’t need to be a GT6 or Vitesse one, any 4synchro one will do, so Mk4 Spitfire, Toledo, 1850 Dolly etc.

You only need the casing and the reverse gear and actuating arm from the main bit.

Fitchetts have brand new selector assemblies, if not any 4 synchro one will do. Ebay item number 113302847225

I have all the parts if you get stuck.

Cheers

Colin

Thank you Colin. I've been studying the parts catalogues on Canley Classics website and came up with different numbers between Spitfire and GT6 gearbox covers and selectors, though my memory was telling me all the 3 rail 4 synchro casing/cover bits should be the same.

Good to have it confirmed! I want to do this job properly, so may well dig deep and but the new top cover from Fitchetts.

Nigel

22 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

i thought it was the single rail case was a little longer than the tree rail 

Pete

Don't know about casing length but the 1850 Dolomite gears will fit in a 3 rail 4 synchro casing. Paul Hughes at 2Spec will build the box for me and he's checked with Dave Pearson at Canley.

If Mr Pearson says it works, that's good enough for me!

Nigel