Hard top

chrisbladen

Hi, does anybody have any pictures of their completed hard top showing what seals are needed and where they fit please. Mine came as bare metal so any help will be appreciated 

I can see roughly what seals am needed on the rimmers website but it says some are no longer stocked so im wandering if they are not really required

Thanks

Chris, I see Moss have the parts diagram and list. Is this what you're looking for?

I think parts 36, 38, 39 and 43 are needed or you'll get draughts. Part 37 is just a furflex finisher.

Parts 18 and 41 are VITALLY important. If they're not present then you may tighten your hard top down and dent the front roof (2x part 18) and rear deck (2x part 41).

Cheers, Richard

spi_26_03_02_1.jpg

Hi richard , thanks for the reply and advice. Iv kind of worked out roughly what i need now from researching on google and phoning suppliers but theres not much on the internet in regards to the hard tops as not every1 uses them

The one part im having a right game getting hold of is number 57, the moulding that runs along the bottom. Its not manufactured anymore so im having to try and find it either NOS or 2nd hand. Part number is 818498 if you have any ideas i could try?

I've just read that this part is a rivetted metal moulding; firstly I'd try Chic Doig for second-hand or if possible a photo of the profile. If you need simple waterproof water seals or hard plastic mouldings where the metal version is unavailable, don't rule out bathroom supplies / shower seals. Many of them have an entire range of seals and edge mouldings to clip onto shower glass that will easily fit metal panels or car screens.

10 minutes ago, rlubikey said:

If 57 is what I think then it's just a chrome trim that runs along the back below the window rubber. I left it off mine

Richard, i did think about doing this to be honest. Did you just fill over the rivet holes in the back of your hard top then? Do you have any pictures of yours at all?

26 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I'd try Chic Doig for second-hand

Thanks colin, il give them a try monday.

The hard top is ready for paint so i think i will fill the current rivet holes in incase i dont end up using the moulding, i can always drill new ones if it comes to it 👍

I am in exactly the same situation. I know that the strip is in the house/loft/garage/sheds somewhere and has been there for 25 years. Most of the seals are available from COH Baines but I intend to fill my trim rivet holes and redrill them if I ever find the trim. There was one on fleabay over the summer but I think it went for silly money for what is was.

7 hours ago, Badwolf said:

I am in exactly the same situation. I know that the strip is in the house/loft/garage/sheds somewhere and has been there for 25 years. Most of the seals are available from COH Baines but I intend to fill my trim rivet holes and redrill them if I ever find the trim. There was one on fleabay over the summer but I think it went for silly money for what is was.

Yeh the moulding is like rocking horse s**t to find now, as nobody manufacturors them any more. Im considering just filling the holes and not having a trim on it, it should still look ok 2 b fair