Newbie Herald owner

On 04/01/2021 at 22:22, NonMember said:

From the videos it's clear your car has had some meddling in the past 

I think that may be an understatement, if this photo is of the same car.... :) That area of the dash certainly looks familiar!

herald.thumb.jpg.4aa8210800e4237b8503aa7740faded3.jpg

Don't let it worry you, Kelv - nothing that can't be easily sorted and you're in the right place for help. One job at a time and before you know it it's right as rain, but never finished.... been there. Always one more job to do...

Hi and welcome.  Reading the TSSC Courier mag local groups info, there appears to be an outfit/one man, maybe called Bern?, maybe Newport area S Wales based named "Rocket Dog Restorations", who do work on old Triumphs (I think it's a club member?) and they appear to know their stuff.

I live in Bristol so was interested, in case I ever get really stuck (do all my own repairs and maintenance), though couldn't find them on the Tinterweb). You could contact S Wales TSSC local group, though.

I'm lucky in having time to learn and do work on my car, though I now it's not the same for everyone. If you have got some time, though it's worth learning what you can and a few basic tools can do a lot of jobs (I'm old, though seems far more understandable than IT).

As a general summary, even if you can find someone good to pay, it will likely to be expensive to keep it running healthy/safe.

Cheers, Dave   

Edited by daverclasper

Hi!  I know Bernard Littlewood!  TR4-6@tssc.org.uk,  He has a Workshop down in St Brides, Newport.  He has helped me out quite a few times as I live near Newport!  If you contact Alan.gourley (look under S. Wales in the Courier) he is also good friends with Bernard!  

Cheers Martyn