Heartening

John Bonnett

I would just like to say how pleasing it is to me and I'm sure the webmaster how busy this forum is becoming. There are quite a lot of current topics all with a good interchange of ideas and opinions between members. And of course we have our gurus to keep us on track which is great.

For many of us our only contact with each other on a regular basis is the forum and I regard it as meeting up at the local for a chat. So it is a really important feature for me especially as I will not have anything to do with Facebook.

I would also like to thank Kevin not only for the hard work he has put to make the site so easy to use but also for his patience in fielding all the questions from numpties like me when we have trouble.

All very good.

John

• Like 2

Busy?

Three new posts this AM, five yesterday evening.

On Club Triumph, thirteen already today and it's only half ten.

On TRR, twenty two since yesterday.

This site is moribund.

What's more, it has been made obsolescent.   The TRR site is about to be revived by new software and a new website, that will include - for members - an online copy of the current TRaction, AND the entire archive of previous issues, which members will be able to contribute to.

It will also enable all Register activities to become electronic and online, including membership, vehicle details, local group and national comms, news, offers etc, free advertising, personal blogs.  It will also include Club Accounts, AGM papers and proxy voting forms.

See: http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/53355-the-new-tr-register-website-launching-24th-august-2015/&do=findComment&comment=438651

In other words, the TRR website is about to leave the TSSC way behind, wallowing in its own pre-internet cart tracks, as the TRR zooms off into the electronic wide blue yonder.

I can only say, I told you so.

John

Pointless post, doug, read mine again.

The point is that the TSSC and its website, its window on the world, is outdated and has been made so by the Triumph club next door, that can see the future, not the past.

Online magazine, online AGM papers, online everything that the TSSC still wants to do by post, while TRR keeps the postal magazine for those who want one.

I do my bit to contribute, to this MsB as well as the Courier, but the TRR is offering its members so much more!

John

Thanks for that John, however, I shan't be reading your post again.

In fact I think I shall avoid opening anything you post in future. I wonder if there's a filter for that? A vitriol and bile filter perhaps?

If you don't like it here, don't post.

• Like 1

I've been a member of TSSC for twenty five years, doug.   You don't get bitter and twisted after the first ten.

I'm so disappointed now to see it run by people with no vision and no enterprise.

I've advocated an online Courier for years, and been told variously, that it would alienate members without Internet access, that publishing the Courier on paper saves the Club money or that there isn't suitable software.  In fact any excuse not to do it.  Well, the TSSC's competitor in the TR market had proved all those wrong, as I knew someone would.    

When the old TSSC website/messageboard went down it was a major task taken on by others (I know who they are - thank you!) to persuade the CoM to include an MsB at all in the new website.  The Board was seen as a disruptive influence!  Eventually, it reappeared, in this guise.    You may not know if you never visit TRR (what a pity) but the CoM chose not only to use the same software as used by the present, soon to be old, TRR site, but to adopt the default layout, so that the TSSC site looks and feels exactly the same - no vision!     To prove it, that software is also used by Sideways and a more different looking board is hard to find.   

And now TRR has left that base and is going to another, so that it can include all the other goodies as well their magazine online - their managment committee has enterprise where the TSSC CoM has not.

And this message board is dying - see the new post figures that I put above, that are typical, even if the numbers vary.    I've done it before, counted new posts, and those on TSSC are always a fraction of those on TRR, CT, or Sideways. 

There is hope.  After also being an advocate for moving the International away from Stafford showground (and suggesting Donington) I am delighted that it has happened, and found the event had more to it this year than the Weekend has had for many years.  I hope others did too.  So the CoM CAN act, if a pistol is put to its head.  Venceremos!   

Busy?

Three new posts this AM, five yesterday evening.

On Club Triumph, thirteen already today and it's only half ten.

On TRR, twenty two since yesterday.

This site is moribund.

What's more, it has been made obsolescent.   The TRR site is about to be revived by new software and a new website, that will include - for members - an online copy of the current TRaction, AND the entire archive of previous issues, which members will be able to contribute to.

It will also enable all Register activities to become electronic and online, including membership, vehicle details, local group and national comms, news, offers etc, free advertising, personal blogs.  It will also include Club Accounts, AGM papers and proxy voting forms.

See: http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/53355-the-new-tr-register-website-launching-24th-august-2015/&do=findComment&comment=438651

In other words, the TRR website is about to leave the TSSC way behind, wallowing in its own pre-internet cart tracks, as the TRR zooms off into the electronic wide blue yonder.

I can only say, I told you so.

John

….and I’ll wave it goodbye. Maybe they’ll add stocks and shares, and local airport timetables too. I’ll just stay here and post the occasional message.

• Like 1

Well said John! There are two types of people in this world: Those who inspire and motivate us, and then there are the energy thieves that constantly bring us down. This forum and the club in general is depending on people that volunteers in the evenings and week-ends. It’s never wrong to give those people some credit for their hard work. On the other hand it’s true that other forums have more members, gadgets and activity. This was very frustrating when the forum was new, but the forum has indeed grown, and we can soon celebrate 1000 members (921 members as I’m writing this). Everything can be improved, continue the good work!