GT6 mk3 vent and water pipe exit holes.

Colin Davies

The new boot floor did not come with pre-positioned holes. Measuring and drilling for the fuel tank outlet was quite easy. However looking on the canley classics parts picture the vent appears to go under the fuel tank. Does anyone have measurements for the location please? I can't help thinking the fuel tank may not seat correctly if the exit is under the tank! Should it be on the axle tunnel?

I have the same situation for the water drain pipe that runs from the fuel filler neck, where is that supposed to exit, any dimensions please?

Thank you, Colin.

I know 50% of the answer. The vent comes off the filler neck, does a broad inverted 'u' loop in the wing space then goes down and then across the boot floor (under the fuel tank) to exit via a right angled rubber piece at the front, center, of the boot floor which is approximately the front right hand corner of the fuel tank. Not to forget a diaphragm grommet to seal it off.

Not so sure about the drain tube. But mine comes straight down from the neck to exit vertically downward (with grommet) in extreme front and left corner of the boot floor.

Of course any 'sensible' position would do but authentic is good as well!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, photos below of the vent tube inside the boot and the exit underneath the boot floor.  Although the car was restored in 1990 I think that the routing is original as it is fixed by bent metal tags at the back of the wheel arch and has been oversprayed.  The exit hole is the large one at the front right, under the tank location.  Sorry I haven't any measurement for the hole, the car is stored in my mum's garage.  The end of the vent pipe is out of shot, it attaches to a right angled rubber connector that goes through the grommet and the larger diameter rubber outlet piece pushes on from underneath.

P1080592.thumb.JPG.f3afd42b3467619ead9a930a0d4aa4db.JPG

20210703_154342.thumb.jpg.8a6f81c4352507a38a74b5909f1d8909.jpg