(Free) Software to create your own automotive wiring diagrams?

DVD3500

I have found a few tools online but they usually are for general electronic use and not cars.
The lack things like the symbol for a wiper motor etc.

I can of course just make screenshots of existing ones and hack it all together but I was wondering if anyone knew of a "free" one.

I am totally redoing my wiring and while it will be based on the original loom as much as possible there will be a few differences that I want to document in case I....

Wait what was the word,...
oh yeah!
Forget!

Well there's this:

Wiring Schematics and Diagrams - Triumph Spitfire, GT6, Herald

I found it years ago and got it laminated quite a few on here use it. There are some mistakes, the fuses aren't labelled right and it's for USA models, but the joy of colour! So simples!  I don't know how the guy did it but there must be an ap?

Doug

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

Well there's this:

Wiring Schematics and Diagrams - Triumph Spitfire, GT6, Herald

I found it years ago and got it laminated quite a few on here use it. There are some mistakes, the fuses aren't labelled right and it's for USA models, but the joy of colour! So simples!  I don't know how the guy did it but there must be an ap?

Doug

Thanks. Been there done that.... as you said, it has errors/omissions and is federal. Mine will of course be based on the European LHD drive version for the most part.

I could print those out and cut out the bits I need and draw the lines by hand if I have to but I was hoping to find something more user friendly....

As you say, there MUST be something out there but likely nothing free.

I was thinking of PowerPoint but  I can only do multi-color lines as "gradients" which has two lines run parallel (except of course if one of the dual colors is white):

image.png.374834daff1340ad750b675d8e090f55.png