Heat Insulation - Vitesse Saloon

Paul H

Hi completed a trip to Wales over the last week and clocked up 700 miles . Apart from a wonky spade on the coil all good and she behaved well . The longer trips 200mile plus and the sunroof closed due to rain resulted in the cabin getting very hot especially with under the dashboard heat . Any suggestions what insulation you have used to reduce the cabin temp . I’ve covered the floors with Silent Coat . The gearbox cover is lined with SC . 
Any suggestions welcomed 

Paul

It is worth investigating any holes in the bulkhead. On my spitfire I had about 15 holes of varying sizes, plus gaps around  the steering column etc.

I had finished all the welding, and used some PU sealant to get them all. Plus some foam around the column. All that greatly reduced heat into the cabin. Also check the gearbox seal. On my vitesse I sprayed the floorpan edge with wd40, ad applied a fat bead of LMN silicon to the tunnel before fitting. That did the trick, though the wd40 did not prevent it sticking.

Otherwise silencoat or even traditional felt would work to reduce heat. Just make sure it is well stuck, especially around the pedal area.

Another thought. The heater is completely shutting off?

1 hour ago, clive said:

It is worth investigating any holes in the bulkhead. On my spitfire I had about 15 holes of varying sizes, plus gaps around  the steering column etc.

I had finished all the welding, and used some PU sealant to get them all. Plus some foam around the column. All that greatly reduced heat into the cabin. Also check the gearbox seal. On my vitesse I sprayed the floorpan edge with wd40, ad applied a fat bead of LMN silicon to the tunnel before fitting. That did the trick, though the wd40 did not prevent it sticking.

Otherwise silencoat or even traditional felt would work to reduce heat. Just make sure it is well stuck, especially around the pedal area.

Another thought. The heater is completely shutting off?

I hadn’t thought of heater switch . That might be one of the offenders but I don’t think Triumph made heaters that good . Thanks for advice 

Paul