Overloading the V5c

Ian Smith

Hello Folks, yet another set of questions from the collective, if I may.

Ok, this time, it's the V5C.  I need to update the name & address of keeper, which is standard practice. Also, change the engine number, which is allowed on the V5 update. However, how many changes on the V5 can we accomplish at one sitting? 

Here's the list, in no particular order:-

SORN

Body type, from coupe, to open top roadster,

Historic,

Tax Exemption,

Colour

Is that it? Is there more? For me, MoT test exemption wouldn't count; I'd be (hopefully) quite relaxed on third-party testing, if only for safety and piece of mind. What I don't want to do, is to notify all of the changes all at once, and crashing the system. 

Pointers, etc, will be gratefully received.

Cheers,

Ian.

If you change too many details at once, they'll start to ask questions about the car's authenticity and originality. Changing the engine, colour and body type in one go might make them ask: "so what's actually left?" and they could ask you to present the car for inspection. If you're working on the car, and it's not going to be on the road for a time, I'd change some of the info a bit at a time over as long a period as you can allow. It may cause no bother at all to do them all at once, but once the authorities start to take notice of something it's very hard to make them forget again.