Replacement bumpers

AidanT

I can't give direct experience but I can advise the utmost caution. The website provides insufficient info to validate that the company even exists (no address, no landline, no trading number) although having said that it's pretty obvious it's VIetnam as that's were the stainless bumpers have been coming from for the last 15 years or so.

If I were going to buy a replica SS bumper I'd do it through a UK seller (e.g. Rimmers do some) because then if it's a pile of junk there is some comeback.

I've had experience of VW camper and Mini replica bumpers and the results have  been varied. Some have been reasonable and given an ok fitted result; Others have been so bad as to just be a joke - wouldn't fit the vehicle at all. Enough reason to make me circumspect about all claims in this area.

And forget the hype about polished stainless being 'like chrome'. Sure, polished SS can carry a pleasing finish but it's always yellow/dull compared to chrome which is blue/bright. (Stainless is stainless because the surface oxidises readily not because is doesn't).

Many years ago, in the early 1990s, I bought a 'new' front bumper for a Spitfire 1500 and was admiring it when a friend pointed out that you couldn't see your reflection in it. He was right, especially when compared to an original chromed version. Looks fine from a distance but doesn't pass the 'close-in' inspection.

41 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

its a lot cheaper to have the orig  powder coated 

results can be amazing  and far less £££s 

Pete

Hi Pete

Powder coat? As in painted??? I'd like to re chrome but prices are crazy. I'd even prep them myself but can't find a company which would just dip them