Collection of OEM Triumph and other BL parts on sale

JohnD

You may have seen a video on YouTube  from Car and Classic, about a real 'barn find', some rather tatty Triumph saloons, that would provide many parts, and a real barn-ful of OE parts.

If not, see:  

The collection is being catalogued and will be for sale via Monktons Classic Car Parts: https://www.monktonsclassiccarparts.com/

John

(no connection etc.etc)

This is Richard Symonds (ex Classic Components)

We sold him some of that stuff back in the 90's. That stilage full of green SD1 steering wheels came from a deal JK did with BL (or Unipart) when they were clearing Canley. JK bought about four lorry loads of stuff, some of which later ended up with Richard.

Amongst some stuff I sold Richard were half a dozen cardinal red l/h 2000 MKII early pattern half cloth seats. Thinking who's ever going to need those I let him have them cheap to get rid. Scroll forward some decades to last year, and I'm restoring an important saloon that needs guess what? On the off chance I give Dicky a call, and he still has them, and better still he sells them back to me for what he paid me for them all those years ago on the condition that I buy them all back!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I finally managed to get to talk to Richard. His landlord is vastly upping the charge on the premises which makes running the business from there unaffordable. He is looking for alternative premises but is doubtful of finding any. In consequence, he is taking the steps described to sell off his stock. If anyone should know of a suitable barn or warehouse in the vicinity of Swindon, Wiltshire, let me know and I will pass on the details to Richard.  He is a difficult chap to contact at the moment as he is contracting at the Post Office.