Programme from teh first TSSC Duxford event

Cookie

I've been having a clear out at home and I just found an original copy of the first TSSC Duxford event in 1994 when it was organised by the TSSC Essex area... I was part of the organising team and I know that the site plan in the programme was drawn by my fair hand.  Lots of adverts from traders at the time (many of which no longer exist 😞 ) , basically we asked traders to sponsor (ie pay for) a trophy and if they did they got an advert included in the programme...

Duxford 94 programme.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cookie said:

I've been having a clear out at home and I just found an original copy of the first TSSC Duxford event in 1994 when it was organised by the TSSC Essex area... I was part of the organising team and I know that the site plan in the programme was drawn by my fair hand.  Lots of adverts from traders at the time (many of which no longer exist 😞 ) , basically we asked traders to sponsor (ie pay for) a trophy and if they did they got an advert included in the programme...

Duxford 94 programme.pdf 3.19 MB · 14 downloads

I remember that pretty well. We were in our Sprint powered spitfire, Gill was mildly pregnant, a beautiful day until we hit freezing fog on the M11, but it didn't last.

We were part of a convoy of about 5 or 6 cars from Sussex....

• Like 1

Thats interesting  but we are in a very difficult decision time for will there be a 29th Duxford a new price structure is aimed at corporate booking not small car clubs 

a new  IWM club pricing structure now means we commit to a £1800 /100 ticket minimum charge   so if we take that risk on and it rains off the cars we would blow all our area funds 

and that is a risk i cant put our local Herts and Beds members account through     with serious risk of loosing all we have accrued over many years 

we and essex have paid IWM many thousands of ££s over all these years but this is looking a stretch too far 

we are on the search for a cheaper less risk alternative    its their  loss  

its a watch this space but it concerns me deeply 

Pete

Herts and Beds 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mathew said:

One thing to note, the price then to now! Only 16 pounds last year , 10 pounds back in 1994. My house in stevenage cost 53k at the end of 92, now 250k plus . So the ticket price could go up a bit as its not even kept up with inflation!

It was much much  cheaper back then Matthew unless you attend as a single driver with no passengers, as it was£10 a car no matter how many occupants so if you turned up 4 up in a Herald it was £2.50 each rather than today's £16 each. Also the Essex area got £2 of each £10 off the gate money back then which made the event much less of a risk, especially as the traders generously sponsored all the trophies. Our main expense was the Tiger moth flight with a lucky programe drawer but we did also have a raffle to help pay for the event.

8 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

Thats interesting  but we are in a very difficult decision time for will there be a 29th Duxford a new price structure is aimed at corporate booking not small car clubs 

a new  IWM club pricing structure now means we commit to a £1800 /100 ticket minimum charge   so if we take that risk on and it rains off the cars we would blow all our area funds 

and that is a risk i cant put our local Herts and Beds members account through     with serious risk of loosing all we have accrued over many years 

we and essex have paid IWM many thousands of ££s over all these years but this is looking a stretch too far 

we are on the search for a cheaper less risk alternative    its their  loss  

its a watch this space but it concerns me deeply 

Pete

Herts and Beds 

That's sad Pete 😞  Back in '94 we got £2 off of Duxford for every car that attended, with no minimum numbers or up front agreements to pay Duxford anything at all.