Sunroof Replacement Instructions wanted for Vitesse - Herald

Paul H

I’m replacing the sunroof on my Vitesse . I purchased a replacement vinyl roof some time ago on EBay with no instructions . I’ve made the headlining using the old one as a template . I’m pretty sure that I can complete the recovering though a little hesitant about the order of things to do . I know it’s a long shot but looking for instructions if anybody has them 

Paul

46 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

there is normally a small makers plate hidden in the shut by the release lock ??

most i have come across are Britax    there again my sister has friend who has a polo golf 

so your webasto could well be  a britax   its all in the name   ha 

Pete

Hi Pete couldn’t find a maker though don’t think it’s important , just so long as it’s the right size vinyl roof 😱

F0506B4B-8679-4705-AFFF-1863264F6571.thumb.jpeg.efe2a75d7350e59486157dc80c36931a.jpeg

Do you recognise the headlining ? 
Paul 

23 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Hi Colin I’ve seen both before BUT when I originally printed the Tudor some of the pics didn’t print for some reason so the instructions didn’t make sense . This time round I’ve printed from your link and all came out . Many thanks . I’ve also located a guy in France who will assist if he can . You only have one chance when it comes to gluing and the assembly needs to be done in the correct order . 
Paul 

Hi Paul. That's the earlier Britax (I believe) sunroof I've been trying to find (As appose to the later one, you bought from me for your son, that are more 70's I think?, which also have the one piece subframe?).

They seem as rare as hen teeth compared to the later ones?. Was that on the car when you bought it (and your replacing just top cover/headlining).

Been on the lookout for the earlier one for a while, via Ebay and not seen even one yet, though I'm not desperate, and needs to be at a price I can afford anyway (the later ones for sale, appear to go for quite a lot).

I did see a very compressive/detailed fitting of the top cover etc, online a while back, though can't remember which website/U tube. Will see if I can find anything, though you may well have had a good look yourself? 

Cheers, Dave

49 minutes ago, daverclasper said:

Hi Paul. That's the earlier Britax (I believe) sunroof I've been trying to find (As appose to the later one, you bought from me for your son, that are more 70's I think?, which also have the one piece subframe?).

yes Dave it’s a fixed one piece 

They seem as rare as hen teeth compared to the later ones?. Was that on the car when you bought it (and your replacing just top cover/headlining).

yes on the car when purchased , now changing the roof and headlining 

Been on the lookout for the earlier one for a while, via Ebay and not seen even one yet, though I'm not desperate, and needs to be at a price I can afford anyway (the later ones for sale, appear to go for quite a lot).

I did see a very compressive/detailed fitting of the top cover etc, online a while back, though can't remember which website/U tube. Will see if I can find anything, though you may well have had a good look yourself? 

Cheers, Dave

I’ve found a guy in France who replaces sunroofs on classics and he will hopefully answer my questions . I’ll check YouTube again to see if I can find 

Paul 

49 minutes ago, daverclasper said: