GT6 seat belt hooks

AidanT

Hi - Would be grateful for a picture if you can provide one - The closest I have come to is a Landrover Stwage hook for seat belts part 347541 but don't know if its suitable or where and how to fit

Thx

Hi Doug

Yes I thought of doing that however the Mk one does not have an anchor point on the door pillar  - I have seen pictures of them in a mk3 but never seen them fitted to a MK1  Not sure if you can fit them without the pillar mount plus if they do not have that mount it's difficult to reach back to get them. It's lucky I have long arms !!   :D

Could well be! it was a picture on the Club Triumph forum of Cookies Mk3  You certainly have me thinking! but I will need the hooks in either case. You are right by the way they are as rare as hens teeth as originally fitted! but persistence is my middle name ! Ha  :lol:

And when you do still have the original hooks fitted in your Mk 3, there's no guarantee that the shape of the replacement metal seat belt bits will fit / hang off them! Wonder how I know... A mod to be done one wet winter's day!

Gully

No idea why nothing was fitted in the MK1 to keep the belts tidy! I guess it was a bit of a novelty item at the time :)

(Before anyone shouts at me - I know it's one of the safety feature that the car was originally sold on and I shouldn't call it a novelty!)

Anyway I have managed to find some MK3 ones (I did say I was persistent!) - They are in the post.

I am going to call it an upgrade to the original !!  :lol:

Please send a picture in when you've done them!

I have the original 1968 static Seat belts and yes they flew through the MOT They are the old Square hole type so I am assuming they will fit nicely

Aidan

The hooks arrived today so I've put one on, temporally, to see how it looks. It's plastic but, so was the old one, it's from a beetle I think. 

The old hook had a thick steel washer and a rubber washer behind it to allow the hook to swivel. I put this back with the new hook but you can see it, as its bigger than the radius of the top of the hook. I may dispense with it and put another screw in the hook to fix it vertically.

Unfortunately the head lining under the old hook has discoloured so I'll see if it will clean up or maybe put a bigger black washer underneath the new hook.

It does the job so I'm quite please with what is a trivial fix!

post-809-0-70829900-1444324021_thumb.jpg

• Like 1